Thursday, April 30, 2009

A New Low For the Followers Of Mohammed

This is from the Vlad Tepes Blog:

My inner dialogue defines genius as the ability to recognize the blindingly obvious for what it actually is. Mr. Kay consistently meets that criteria. What astonishes me, is the vast number of people who use poor logic to try and make horror something other than it is and feel clever about it. Like the slight of hand of moral relativism etc.

Having spent this morning catching up on my weekend reading, I came across this Page 4 article from Friday’sNew York Times. Here’s the lead paragraph:

BAGHDAD — At least 80 people died and 120 others were injured Thursday in three bombings, one by a female suicide bomber in Baghdad who, Iraqi officials said, held a young child’s hand as she set off her explosives among a group of women and children receiving emergency food aid.”

Even putting aside our baseline revulsion at terrorism, there are three especially hideous things that jump out from this:

1) A mother deliberately taking her (presumed) child with her as she immolates herself. For all the hundreds of suicide bombings that Iraq has already witnessed, this has got to be a first.

2) This was a line for food aid. Islamists have gone from attacking U.S. soldiers, to attacking Iraqi soldiers, to attacking police stations, to attacking the religious ceremonies of rival sects — on down the line of nihilism until, now, they are reduced to blowing up hungry people seeking sustenance.

3) This hideous crime was played on page four of The New York Times. And a quick scan of other media suggests it got similar B-rate treatment elsewhere. This sort of act would have been worth a worldwide banner headline a decade ago. But now, it’s just another demented Islamist senselessly slaughtering fellow Muslims. With her kid. Yawn.

Says a lot about the world we live in, doesn’t it?

11 comments:

Damien said...

Pastorius,

Barbarians!

Pastorius said...

Yeah, check out the post above it. They are two of a kind.

Anonymous said...

...yawn...Muslim atrocity fatigue...yawn...

Pastorius said...

I must admit, I suffer from MAF.

Damien said...

MAF is bad for you and bad society as a hole.

Pastorius said...

Butthead: He said, "As a Hole".

Beavis: That sounds like Asshole to me, Butthead.

Butthead: I know, that why I said what I said, "As a hole".

Beavis: Uhmm, yeah.

Butthead: You're a little slow on the uptake, Beavis.

Beavis: I am not! (Grabs Nachos and coffee and Pepsi) .... I am bungholio ... I need TP for my bunghole ... A hole io .... A hole eeeee-oh!

Damien said...

Pastorius,

That was a mistake, that I'm embarrassed to have made. I meant to say a whole, rather a hole.

Pastorius said...

Damien,
YOu must realize by now that no matter how dumb anyone is, I am even dumberer.

Don't worry about mistakes.

IBA is Beavis and Butthead commenting upon whirled events.

Damien said...

Pastorius,

You're not dumb. You are much some smarter than a lot of people out there. Trust me on this, I've read about and even met some really stupid people, and even very smart people occasionally do stupid things. Human beings make mistakes all the time. I just made one. I have bad blogging habits where I forget to correct or don't notice my mistakes before I publish a comment. That's one of the reasons why I often end up republishing comments multiple times.

Damien said...

Pastorius,

By the way, I don't watch the Beavis and Butthead cartoon. But from what little I know about them, if they were real, they wouldn't do a very good job fighting Jihad.

Pastorius said...

Yeah, but they sure are funny.